A 28-member team of health care professionals from Duke University Medical Center is carrying nine tons of surplus medical equipment and donated supplies to the 1500-bed New Mulago Hospital in Kampala, Uganda. Mulago Hospital staff will be trained to use and maintain the new equipment then surgeons from both countries will join in conducting a number of brain and spinal surgeries.

The project is administered by Duke’s Global Health Institute.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Young and Handsome


Michelle Gailiun offers another update:
Remember the guy who had that baseball-sized growth atop his head just yesterday? (Post: Life Altering Surgery) Well, here he is, smiling today.
When I stopped by his bedside, he said to me, "Yesterday I was old and ugly, and today I am young and handsome!"
I couldn't agree more.